To purchase a share in a cow (one share is equivalent to one gallon of milk per week) you pay $14.00 or $9.00 for a 1/2 share (one half gallon per week). You pay this amount every 4 weeks to renew your share.
In addition there is an initial charge of $20 per share (or $10 per 1/2 share) deposit for 4 (or 2) 1/2 gallon glass jars with lids.
After the above costs, there is a boarding fee that goes to Grange and Grub of $37 per share per month for a full share or $20 per month for 1/2 share; that continues for as long as you own your share.
EXAMPLE — COST FOR 1 SHARE
- Consumables (jars) fee, 1 share x $20/share = $20
- Monthly Boarding Fees 1 share x $37/4 weeks = $37
- Purchase of 1 share x $14 = $14
- Cost to get started = $71
- Renewal Amount Every 4 Weeks = $51